clitopilus prunulus?

mercmouth

found a small group of these about 3-5 in my yard. they were just growing in the grass. i believe them to be sweet bread mushrooms but im new to this so im not sure. from the few books i have they seem to match just looking for any input on my assumption. I live in southern new hampshire if that helps at all.

post-590-0-71170100-1381599526_thumb.jpg

post-590-0-18587700-1381599544_thumb.jpg

post-590-0-90868900-1381599564_thumb.jpg

post-590-0-23255600-1381599589_thumb.jpg

post-590-0-66035000-1381599616_thumb.jpg

Flesh color should be very clearly stark white. Spore print pink/salmon for Clitopilus prunulus. You may be correct on this one. However, something looks off to me. Might just be the specimen or the way I see it in the photo but the gills look too crowded and detached for the species. Stem seems to be centered and kind of robust, both of which is wrong for the species. Just an observation that may prove to be wrong. Odor may be another key indicator for this specimen.

I agree about the book Sunny. What book is that?

I was looking into these last week I had thought I had possibly found some, but found out different. I can see what jmw is pointing out about the gills being detached. In the page of your book you can see they run right down the stem.

For the mushroom in the photo, gill attachment looks wrong for C. prunulus, which should have subdecurrent to decurrent gills, especially on a mature specimen like this one. This specimen looks like Lepista (Clitocybe) nuda to me. Note the notched attahment of the gills. Spore print for C. prunulus is more distinctly pink (darker) than for C. nuda.

Now that I've looked alittle closer and referenced a few other books id have to agree its most likely a Lepista Nuda. The book in the picture is called Mushrooms how to identify and gather wild mushrooms and other fungi the author is Thomas laessoe. Thank you to everyone for the input and help. I'm still really new to this and so far it's been a lot of fun. This forum is very useful and everyone seems really willing to help.