SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dansgrdn

my new mini conifer garden projectw/lotso'pics

dansgrdn
16 years ago

I found some really cool rock the other day at a local landscape supply place and decided it was time for a new conifer project. Fortunately I did not have to purchase any conifers for the project, but just moved the ones I already had from other areas of the yard. The one thing I didn't have was space, so a larger Pinus mugo 'Slowmound' was moved to a neighbor's yard, along with a few other plants to create a 5'x3' space next to my patio, prime real estate that I can see when I'm inside and out. Believe it or not there is 800 lbs. of rock surrounding this little garden, but that was my only recent investment in the project other than the gravel which was cheap. Anyway, hope you like the results.

[above: Pinus sylvestris 'Jeremy' (center), Pinus uncinata 'Pixie' (bottom),Abies koreana 'Blaue Zwo' (upper left)]

[above: Pinus parviflora 'Hagoromo' (center), Pinus strobus 'Tiny Curls'(upper left), Pinus leukodermis(heldreichii) 'Smidt' (lower right), A.k. 'Blaue Zwo' again upper right.]

[Above: Picea glauca 'Cecilia' (center),Pinus flexilis #83 (center left), Abies koreana 'Cis' (upper left)]

[Above: Pinus aristata 'Lemon Frost', not looking very lemony at the moment, but I like the way it looks up against the rocks]

[Above: Pseudotsuga menziesii 'Elf']

Dan

Comments (21)