Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dansgrdn

A few cultivar pics, just for fun

dansgrdn
15 years ago

Pinus strobus 'Golden Candles'. I hate taking pics in bright sun, but this is the only pic I have. I got this a couple of years ago at Gee's, pot bound and not in the greatest shape. I think it's on its way back this year though.

Pinus thunbergii 'Thunderhead'

Pinus jeffreyi 'Joppi'. I love the long needles on this one. This is another one in my "Should be more popular" category. An awesome conifer in my opinion. But you know what they say about opinions :-). In case you're wondering Resin, remarkably that cone on it didn't abort and is still present on the back of it. I'll post a pic if you'd like.

Tsuga canadensis 'Pendula'. I got this bruised and reduced at the end of the season in fall '06, just kind of mulched around the rootball(above ground in a protected spot) that winter and planted it in another spot the following Spring. Last year, it didn't look too hot, but I think it's on its way back. I hope to, through a bit of trimming, have it flow over the rocks below, and create a waterfall/river effect over time.

The simple beauty of a single conifer . Tsuga canadensis 'Cole' (Cole's Prostrate) Weigh in on nomenclature if you'd like.

Finally, here's a side yard pic. I still can't quite figure out what to do with this garden, but I do like the path, and the conifers are doing well.

Dan

Comments (5)