Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redwingconifer

Abies borisii-regis or homolepis?

redwingconifer
13 years ago

HI-

Just picked this up a couple days ago. Was wondering about the correct name because of a previous post(see link below)said that it was homolepis.

Here's the plant

shannon

Here is a link that might be useful: F.R. Newman

Comments (6)

• coniferjoy
    13 years ago

It's Abies homolepis 'F.R. Newman'.
    First discovered as Abies borisii-regis 'F.R. Newman'.

• bluespruce53
    13 years ago

$50!! selling that for 10 quid :)

• firefightergardener
    13 years ago

Squid is expensive over here Stephen!

There is quite a market for your conifers here bud, that one photo of your 'extras' made me want to get out a second mortgage on my house.

-Will

• gardener365
    13 years ago

I've contacted everybody who ever got this broom to change the name to homolepis. Why they don't do it I have no idea. Phone, email, letters - multiple times I've written and called.

And Stephen I've asked kindly that you be sure to change your listing from "FR Newman" to "F.R. Newman" at least twice if not three times. Not mad, just stifled that you haven't.

Dax

• bluespruce53
    13 years ago

Daxy, I'm aware of the name change, and thank you for telling me, it's not that i have ignored your request, I just haven't gotten round to updating my list...slack on my part I know....On the bright side I haven't sold one yet, so nobody here has it under it's previous name, please be assured i will not be letting any go without informing the recipient of the name change, or better still updating my list first :0)

• gardener365
    13 years ago

I feel much better now. All the rage and anger is gone. Maybe I'll go golfing and chase that little ball around. ;-)

Dax