Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (10)

• coachjohnsonlp
    8 years ago

Very nice! I have a 2nd year graft in a holding bed right now. How old is yours?

• treebarb Z5 Denver
    8 years ago

What a cheerful sight, Ken!

• Garen Rees
    8 years ago

Yay, a Ken photo! About how long does the gold usually last for you before it fades to green?

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    8 years ago

depends on how hot it gets ... not all that long .... couple weeks????

ken

• Garen Rees
    8 years ago

Well, I that's still pretty cool if you think of it like blooming flowers where the show only last a few weeks.

• illinois_john
    8 years ago

Mine from this morning. Worth having just for the spring show.

• ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5
    Original Author
    8 years ago

mine is so small ... because it the .. i dont know.. 4th one i have tried to kill .. lol ...

it was given as a gift by one who was not impressed by the size he got mail order ... and ordered a bigger one ... he gave it to me.. not long after i cursed the brand.. and told him i would never try to grow one again ...

on some level.. i think he was messing with me.. lol ... thx jerry

ken

• coachjohnsonlp
    8 years ago

It is much bigger than mine Ken. Mine is about 4 or 5 inches tall. It looks like a fairly quick growing tree after it takes off.

• illinois_john
    8 years ago

I had to have a second one, bought a one gallon from Iseli since I had accrued enough points at a nearby garden center.

It was quite root bound which I'm seeing more and more with Iseli plants. I thought I worked them out gently and did well with the fall after care, but it was toast by spring.

The larger one that I shared has been putting on comparable growth after the first three years. I think it's going on 5 or 6 years now.

• 123cococo
    8 years ago

Beautiful. I had to leave mine behind when I moved as too large but have a four footer coming from conifer kingdom this fall.Can't wait.It is one of my favorite pines.

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath