Model Cars Magazine Forum

This just in. Punisher GTO update.

Geno

Picked this up dirt cheap.

69+GTO+box.jpg

It will become the "Punisher" GTO.

f2_12_sb.JPG

Already got the body stripped and ready for primer. I've got a thing for replicating really cool movie cars lol. Or acquiring models of them, I have quite a few. I also have a Lincoln Mint '69 Charger that will become the Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry Charger.

Edited by Geno

I should have bought one of those when Ollie's was blowing them out at $10. But I figured I already had a Carousel Red '69 Judge diecast. 

What are you going to do for those exposed headlights? I'd like to get a set to use for a project I have in mind. 

56 minutes ago, Gramps46 said:

What is the story on Lincoln Mint.  Was it just rebadging others products like Testors did a lot of or were they unique. 

I was under the impression that the Testor Judge was just an unassembled Lincoln Mint, but I could be mistaken about that. 

Yes, this is a diecast model kit, I think the standard Testors Judge was 1/25, I may be wrong. This is a true 1/24, this model comes with 2 sets of grilles for the hidden or exposed headlights. The exposed headlights are like the Welly Firebird though, on the very small side. Since the real car had the hidden headlights then the doors were removed, I will modify the DM grilles to replicate that. Actually the whole chassis from the scrap DM GTO I got fits nicely into the Testors body with very minimal mods. That's gonna save me a lot of work lol. I get pics soon showing that.:)

Edited by Geno

I built one too. Looks nice when done. I've never compared it to a 1:1, but visually it looks to scale. The only thing that is off is the wheels have no lug nuts and the few decals you get to add are stickers and not water slides. This is the only picture I have of mine, it's packed away.

IMG_0040-vi.jpg

Betcha didn't know a DM '69 GTO chassis fits under a Testors GTO body lol. I've gotta repaint this as the gray is a little too light. But it's started. The only thing I had to do to the engine was switch out the stock air cleaner to the open element, and the wheels and tires fit on no problem. I'm getting maximum use out the scrap DM GTO I got lol.

20190511_151017.jpg

20190511_151116.jpg

f2_12_sb.JPG

punisher-2004-1969-pontiac-gto-hero_1_09382be9679952eb0f310da594c19979.jpg